yes, i know. i've been mia for four months now. pathetic really. and i could go on and on about how busy i was with graduating with my bachelor's (woo!!), applying for my master's, work, managing health issues, family, vacations, church responsibilities, blah, blah, blah... but i'm not going to. 'cuz we all know that stuff is boring - and that's the last thing we want, right?
so instead, i'm sharing with you one of my favorite summer recipes. it's such a refreshing blend of tomato, corn, beans, cilantro, and avocado. i doubt you'll be able to walk away with only one bite!
fresh summer salsa
* a family recipe
- 1 can black-eye peas
- 1 can white beans or black beans
- 1 can corn
- 2-4 green onions, chopped
- 5 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian dressing, mix according to directions on pkg.
1. drain all cans.
2. mix everything together.
3. add dressing.
4. chill & serve with tortilla chips.